what is minimalist home cooking?

Hi 

what is minimalist home cooking?



I could make some dodgy jokes about minimalist home cooking being eating
out all the time, or what happens when you’re in a country stricken by famine
– but I’ll spare you.
In the stonesoup kitchen, the focus is on recipes that meet most or all of the
following criteria:

minimal time :

As much as I love spending a whole day in the kitchen, I’m always thinking
about how I can do things more quickly and efficiently. This is where the 10
minutes comes in.

minimal number of steps

This is related to time but I wanted to spell it out separately. At stonesoup
I’m always looking to minimalise the number of steps needed in a recipe. I
strive to keep the instructions concise but easy to follow.

minimal number of ingredients

A long ingredient list can be daunting. This inspired me to create this series
of recipes using 5 ingredients or less. There are no needless ingredients.
Everything must perform a key function to get included.

minimal equipment

I’ve never been a fan of single-use kitchen equipment and I know that
like me, most people are cooking in pretty basic kitchens. While some of
the recipes in this book may be quicker and easier to prepare with a food
processor, that’s as fancy as it gets.
There’s a section on how to setup a minimalist kitchen later in this book.



to visit : 



gOOD BYE

Comments